When I first started on this journey to live in the big, bad city on my own, everyone asked “What? You’re moving somewhere where you have no friends? No family?”. At the time, I told them I was tough. I tend to hang by myself a lot of the time, anyways. It would be no big deal.
Oh, how naive I was.
Has it been terrible? No. It’s actually been okay for most of the three months I’ve been here. However, there are days, like today, when I miss home so badly it puts me in tears. Out of a pure need to vent, the list below is some of the things I’m missing today.
- The atmosphere of East Lansing on Michigan-Michigan State game day.
- People who love Glee just as much as I do.
- A roommate, best friend, boyfriend or sister who will come crash and watch movies with me or sit and talk for no good reason.
- Spur of the moment trips to the Peanut Barrel or Leo’s. Just because.
- Hours-long complaining and/or gossip sessions about anything that happens to come up.
- Seeing people’s faces, instead of just hearing their voices.
- People who know I’m boring. And still like me anyways.
- My East Lansing family.
I cannot say how excited I am to head back to the mitten for Thanksgiving.