When I first moved to the Twin Cities, a coworker and I got together for a trip to the Mall of America. Over lunch we got talking about books we liked. She mentioned this series of books by Janet Evanovich – the Stephanie Plum series. She described the general plot, how each book title was a play on a number and said they were absolutely hilarious. Ever since that conversation, I had been meaning to pick up the first book and give it a try.
It only took six months and seeing the preview for “One for the Money” to get my butt into gear.
Despite only being about 100 pages into the book of the same title, I went with that same coworker tonight to see “One for the Money” starring Katherine Heigl. I’m not one to give spoilers away, but here’s my takeaways if you’re considering going to see it:
- It takes a little while to get used to Heigl’s attempt at a New Jersey accent. But you do get used to it.
- If you’re a Grey’s Anatomy fan, you’ll recognize more than just Heigl’s familiar face.
- Read the book? Trust me, Ranger is much hotter in the movie.
- You won’t be rolling on the floor, but it’s definitely got some funnies.
- Like I said, I haven’t finished the book, but my coworker says they didn’t screw it up too bad.
OVERALL: Go see it with your girl friends if you’re looking for a light-hearted comedy this weekend. I might not buy it, but I’d definitely watch it again if it was streaming on Netflix.